Virtual events can be used for alumni meetings, 12-step meetings and other support services. These work very well to meet the needs of alumni and families who can’t physically attend events.
To create a Virtual Event you’ll need an account on your app that is linked to a Zoom account. If you have questions about this, please reach out to our team at email@example.com.
To create the event navigate to the menu > dashboard > events.
- Tap “+ New Event” to begin. Add a title, description, image or link.
- Under “Event Type” choose “Virtual”.
- Choose start date, start time, end date, end time. Be sure you fill in all of this info entirely.
- Choose the timezone.
- Populate the webinar ID # by clicking the green “+” button.
- Publish to the team who needs to be made aware of the event.
- If you need to make this event recurring, you can do so under “Repeats”.
- Tap Save.
The event will appear in the Discover section of the app just like in-person events.
Note - By default Zoom webinars have attendees muted and video capabilities are turned “off”. If you prefer to have your attendees unmuted and/or want to allow video capabilities, you will need to use a Zoom Meeting ID and manually paste the Meeting ID into the event. If you need help setting this up the first time, please let our team know.
If you have any questions, reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.