Before implementing virtual events with app users, be sure you have reviewed all training materials about use of the feature and complete at least one test virtual event.
To create a test virtual event, create a contact list.
- Start by accessing the menu > contact list.
- Tap "+ New List"
- Give the contact list a name (Example - Test Virtual Events)
- Tap the green icon next to "recipients" and choose at least one staff member who has a profile on the app and can help you test virtual events.
Now move to creating your test event -
- To create the event navigate to the menu > dashboard > events.
- Tap “+ New Event” to begin. Add a title, description, image or link.
- Under “Event Type” choose “Virtual”.
- Choose start date, start time, end date, end time. Be sure you fill in all of this info entirely.
- Choose the timezone.
- Populate the webinar ID # by clicking the green “+” button.
- Publish to your contact list created above.
- Leave repeats as "none".
- Tap Save.
- The event will appear in the Discover section of the app just like in-person events.
Start your event -
- Begin a virtual event from zoom.us. Be sure you are logged in as yourself on zoom.us.
- On zoom.us - navigate to the webinar section.
- Locate the designated webinar and click “start”.
- To begin the webinar click “Broadcast” at the top. Attendees can now join the webinar.
- Test audio and video capabilities to be sure you are familiar with the controls available inside of Zoom.
If you have any questions, reach out to our team at email@example.com.