Create and Manage a Virtual Event as an App Admin
Virtual events can be used for alumni meetings, 12-step meetings and other support services. These work very well to meet the needs of app members who can’t physically attend events.
To create a Virtual Event you’ll need an account on your app that is linked to a Zoom account. If you have questions about this, please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To create the event navigate to the menu > dashboard > events.
- Tap “+ New Event” to begin. Add a title, description, image or link.
- Under “Event Type” choose either “Virtual Webinar” or "Virtual Meeting".
- Choose an "Alternate Host" - this optional field will give a second administrator the ability to start the Zoom session.
- Choose start date, start time, end date, end time. Be sure you fill in all of this info entirely.
- Choose the timezone.
- Populate the Webinar or Meeting ID # by tapping the green “+” button.
- Publish to the team who needs to be made aware of the event.
- If you need to make this event recurring, you can do so under “Repeats”.
- Tap Save.
The event will appear on the For You page and in the menu > events section of the app just like in-person events.
Note - By default Zoom webinars have attendees muted and video capabilities are turned "off". Use the Virtual Meeting option if you prefer to have your attendees unmuted and/or want to allow video, or if you do not have the webinar package included in your Zoom account.
If you have any questions, reach out to our team at email@example.com.