The events feature allows administrators to create an event for members to register for. When an event is created, members receive a notification of the event and then from the app they can respond (going, interested, and not going) to a given event. If the event changes, members will receive a notification informing them of any changes. One day before the event, members will receive an update that the event is nearing. Admins have real time insight into members who are going or are interested in the event.
To create an event:
- Navigate to Menu > Dashboard > Toggle Admin Menu (mobile only) > Events
- Here, you'll see a listing of all current events. By selecting the "past" tab, admins can see a list of prior events.
- Tap the green "+ New Event" button in the top right.
- You'll be prompted to enter the following details:
- Event name
- Details or description of the event
- Optional: Use the camera icon to upload an image OR use the link icon to add a hyperlink to an external source (like a virtual conference line or 3rd party registration page)
- Event type - If you are using CaredFor's Zoom integration with your app, select either Zoom Meeting or Zoom Webinar to create a virtual event.
- Event start date/time
- Event end date/time
- Repeats - If you need help setting up a recurring meeting you can learn more here.
- Under 'Publish To', select which group of users to apply the event to
When the event is created it will trigger a notification (push and/or email) to the selected members that an event has been created. That notification will direct members back into the app where they can RSVP.