Create a Survey
Access all surveys by navigating to Menu > Dashboard > Surveys & Assessments.
Create a New Survey
- Tap the green + New Survey button in the top right corner, then select Create Survey.
- Enter a Survey Title.
- Enter a Short call-to-action message. This message will be included in the stream and notification sent to the member.
- Tap Insert First Name to personalize the message by including the name of the member taking the survey. Anywhere you see “%first_name%” will be replaced with the member's first name.
- Add Admin Facing Information to provide additional context, like scoring information. These details will be visible to all admins on the survey management page.
- Mark the checkbox if you would like to send reminder notifications to members who have not completed the survey. These reminders are sent via SMS 2 days before the survey is set to expire.
- You can customize this reminder message by going to Menu > Dashboard > Notification Messages, then scroll down to the Surveys heading.
- Tap the + Add Question button to begin building your survey. For each question:
- Enter the question text.
- Select a question type and enter the corresponding answer choices. (Descriptions of all supported question types are listed below)
- Mark the checkbox if you want to make the question required.
- To allow members to add their own supplemental comments, turn the toggle switch on.
- Once you've finished adding all your questions, tap Save in the top right corner.
Note - You can edit survey questions up until the first time it is sent.
- Multiple choice - Provide members with up to 5 answer choices, displayed in a list. Members can only select one answer. “Yes” or “No” questions are a typical use case for this question type.
- Multiple choice questions can be used for conditional survey logic. Follow these instructions for setting up conditional questions.
- Picklist - If you have more than 5 answer choices, use the picklist question type. Answer options will display in a drop down box for members to scroll through. Members can only select one answer.
- Scale - The scale question type allows you to set a max and min value along with an icon (happy/sad, thumbs up/down, or arrow up/down) to a given question. Typical questions include “Rate your mood” or “How likely are you to recommend our facility to someone seeking treatment?”
- Open Ended - This provides members with a blank space to type in their own response. The open ended question type allows you to ask your audience to provide more detailed responses for a given question.
We have a robust library of sample survey questions. Email us at email@example.com to have this feature turned on in your app. Our library includes survey questions tailored for:
- Outcomes Collection
- Patient Satisfaction
- Family Satisfaction
- Alumni Engagement